Safety Policy Statement
E.L. Harvey & Sons believes a comprehensive safety program to be one of the primary factors in the continuing success of our company.
It is the stated formal policy of the corporation to strive to furnish its employees a workplace free from recognized hazards. E.L. Harvey & Sons will always endeavor to provide all of its employees a safe, clean place in which to work and the proper tools and equipment to do their jobs safely. In turn, employees must make every effort to avoid and prevent personal injury to themselves and their co-workers. This can best be accomplished by the careful following of all the company’s Safety Standards, the use of good common sense, the reporting of any perceived unsafe activities or conditions and the reporting of work-related injuries or illnesses to the appropriate supervisory personnel.
It is our goal to have each employee at E.L. Harvey & Sons finish each work day as healthy as he or she started it. Our current workers compensation Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is .71 on a scale where anything under 1.00 is exceptional.
Our drivers go through an aggressive 4 to 6-week training program along with a defensive driving program with the Central Mass Safety Council. All of our employees are drug tested and go through criminal background checks.
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Safety and Environmental Council
- National Solid Waste Management Association/ Environmental Industries Association
- Central Mass Safety Council
- Town of Westborough Local Emergency Planning Commission
- Jerry Sjogren, Safety Director: (508) 836-3046
- Karen Carreiro, Safety Coordinator: (508) 836-3047